Olive Oil – 2 tblssp
Onion – 1 tblsp, chopped
Canned Tuna in Brine – 100 gms, drained and flaked
Pimento-stuffed Olives – 2 tblsp, sliced
Sweet Spanish Paprika – 1/2 tsp
Flat-leaf Parsley – 1 tblsp, finely chopped
Ready-rolled Puff Pastry – 250 gms
Egg Yolk – 1, beaten, to glaze
Salt as per taste
Ground Black Pepper as per taste
1. Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
2. Add onion and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occastionally, until softened.
3. Add tuna, olives, paprika and parsley.
4. Cook for about 5 minutes.
5. Add salt and pepper and leave to cool.
6. Preheat an oven to 190C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
7. Cut the pastry into 3 inch circles and arrange on the tray.
8. Place a spoonful of the tuna mixture on each round and fold the pastry over to form a crescent shape.
9. Press the edges with wet hands to seal.
10. Brush the top with beaten egg and bake in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.
11. Serve warm.