Rum – 2 tblsp
Raisins – 125 gms
Sugar – 75 gms
Water – 125 ml
Egg Yolks – 3
Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
Double Cream – 450 ml
1. Put the rum into a small bowl.
2. Add the raisins and leave to macerate for 4 hours.
3. Meanwhile, put the sugar and water into a small heavy-based saucepan and stir occasionally over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
4. Increase the heat and boil rapidly for 5 minutes.
5. Place the egg yolks and vanilla essence in a bowl and whip until light and creamy.
6. Beating constantly, slowly pour the hot syrup on to the egg yolk mixture.
7. Leave to cool then add the marinated raisins.
8. Whip the cream until just stiff.
9. Then fold into the egg and raisin mixture.
10. Pour into a rigid shallow container.
11. Cover and place in the freezer.
12. Remove the ice cream after 1 hour.
13. Turn into a bowl and beat well.
14. Return it to the container and freeze again for an hour.
15. Remove the ice cream , turn it into a bowl and beat again, then return it to the container and freeze again.
16. To serve, transfer the ice cream to the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before serving to soften.