Raisins – 2 tbsp
Milk – 1/2 litre
Nuts – 2 tbsp
Condensed milk – 1 tin
Chhana or cottage cheese – 250 gms
Water – 1 cup
Sugar – 2 tbsp
1. Mix the sugar with the water to prepare thin syrup.
2. Take the chhana or cottage cheese in a bowl. Combine the hot syrup with the chhana. Mix them completely.
3. Take a deep bottomed pan and boil the milk in it. Mix the condensed milk with the boiled milk and simmer for about 1 or 2 minutes. Cool the milk mixture till it remains slightly warm.
4. Now, take a spoonful of the milk mixture and blend it with the chhana. Repeat till the entire milk mixture is used up. Stir them together until a homogenous mixture is formed. Empty it into a bowl.
5. Generously sprinkle the raisins and the nuts. Refrigerate it.
6. The chilled chhanar payesh is ready.