Mutton Korma is a luxurious Indian dish with tender meat cooked in a rich, aromatic sauce. It’s a perfect meal for special occasions or when you want to treat yourself to something decadent. This classic recipe is made with a blend of spices, yoghurt, and cashews, creating a velvety texture and a creamy taste.
Mutton Korma Recipe
Ingredients for Mutton Korma
- 250 g Mutton boneless, cubed
- 1/4 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 cup Onion finely chopped
- 1/4 tbsp Khus Khus Paste (Poppy Seed Paste)
- 1/3 cup Cashew Nuts ground to a paste
- 3 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 3 Cloves
- 4 Cardamoms
- 1 small Cinnamon Stick
- a small pinch Nutmeg Powder
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- as required Oil
- as per taste Salt
- to garnish Fresh Cream
How to make Mutton Korma
- Heat a small frying pan over medium flame.
- Add the cloves, cardamoms, nutmeg powder, cinnamon and cumin seeds
- Roast for 10 to 20 seconds and grind to a fine powder.
- Heat little oil in a frying pan.
- Add the bay leaf and chopped onions.
- Saute for a minute or until the onions start to brown.
- Add the ginger garlic paste.
- Add the mutton pieces and stir well.
- Add the ground masala powder, turmeric powder and red chilli powder.
- Pour some water and stir.
- Add salt and bring to a boil until the mutton pieces are tender.
- Add the khus khus paste, cashew nut paste and coriander powder.
- Mix well and cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from flame.
- Garnish with cream and serve hot.