Drumsticks – 4
Onion – 1, medium, chopped
Tomatoes – 2, chopped
Curry Leaves – 2 sprigs
Coconut – 1/2 cup, grated
Oil – 3 tblsp
Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Ginger – Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Coriander Leaves – 2 tblps, chopped
1. Add 1 cup boiling water to coconut.
2. When cool, pass through a liquidiser till you get a very soft puree (this is the coconut cream). Set aside.
3. Wash and cut drumsticks to 3 inch pieces and set aside.
4. Heat oil, add curry leaves, onion, fry till browned.
5. Add ginger-garlic paste and continue frying till oil surfaces.
6. Add tomatoes, continue to fry on medium heat, closing pan with a cover every now and then. This way, tomatoes get cooked faster without much oil.
7. Add all the powdered masalas except salt, fry on low heat.
8. Add drumstick pieces and continue frying till they turn slightly soft.
9. Add 1 to 1 1/2 cups of water, salt, cover vessel and allow to cook on low heat till a thick gravy is formed.
10. Add half of the coriander leaves, coconut cream, mix and turn off fire after just a minute or so.
11. Serve garnished with the rest of the coriander leaves.
12. Serve hot with rice or roti.
Drumstick in Coconut Cream Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- When is the right time to eat? We all know how imperative it is to develop knowledge about the food that we add to our diet in order to stay healthy. But...
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Drumstick in Coconut Cream Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.