Drumsticks – 4
Onion – 1, medium, chopped
Tomatoes – 2, chopped
Curry Leaves – 2 sprigs
Coconut – 1/2 cup, grated
Oil – 3 tblsp
Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Ginger – Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Coriander Leaves – 2 tblps, chopped
1. Add 1 cup boiling water to coconut.
2. When cool, pass through a liquidiser till you get a very soft puree (this is the coconut cream). Set aside.
3. Wash and cut drumsticks to 3 inch pieces and set aside.
4. Heat oil, add curry leaves, onion, fry till browned.
5. Add ginger-garlic paste and continue frying till oil surfaces.
6. Add tomatoes, continue to fry on medium heat, closing pan with a cover every now and then. This way, tomatoes get cooked faster without much oil.
7. Add all the powdered masalas except salt, fry on low heat.
8. Add drumstick pieces and continue frying till they turn slightly soft.
9. Add 1 to 1 1/2 cups of water, salt, cover vessel and allow to cook on low heat till a thick gravy is formed.
10. Add half of the coriander leaves, coconut cream, mix and turn off fire after just a minute or so.
11. Serve garnished with the rest of the coriander leaves.
12. Serve hot with rice or roti.
How to Make Drumstick in Coconut Cream Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Drumstick in Coconut Cream Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.