This Masala Toast Sandwich with Cheese is a popular any time snack. Common in almost all road side stalls, they can be found near colleges, malls or railway stations. Simple and easy to make, they can also be packed for school or office lunch or as kids evening snack.
Bread Slices – 6
Potatoes – 2 to 3, boiled, chopped
Carrots – 2, medium, grated
Tomato – 1, sliced (optional)
Onions – 2 to 3, finely sliced
Green Chilli – 1, chopped
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
Cheese – 1/2 cup, grated (preferably Cheddar)
Salt as per taste
Chat Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Butter – 1/2 cup, melted
1. Trim the edges of the bread slices.
2. Butter all the slices and place them on a flat surface.
3. Sprinkle some carrots on 3 of the slices.
4. Add a layer of onions, potatoes, green chillies and coriander leaves.
5. Sprinkle some salt, chat masala powder, garam masala powder and some grated cheese on top.
6. Cover with the remaining slices.
7. Heat a tawa over medium flame.
8. Grill until crisp brown and the cheese has melted.
9. If you have a sandwich maker, you can use that.
10. Serve at once with sauce or chutney of choice.