Tandoori Aloo Tikka is a popular dish in India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh. It is made with potatoes and spices, usually including garlic, ginger, coriander, cumin, turmeric and chili.
This dish is often served as an appetizer or snack and it can be accompanied by mint chutney or tamarind sauce.
Tandoori Aloo Tikka Recipe
Ingredients for Tandoori Aloo Tikka
- 2 Large Potatoes peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- as required Oil
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala Powder
For the Marinade:
- 1 tbsp Yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 3/4 tsp Cumin Powder
- 3/4 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 3/4 tsp Coriander Powder
- 3/4 tsp Black Salt
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 3/4 tsp Ajwain
How to make Tandoori Aloo Tikka
- Parboil the potatoes till half-cooked.
- Drain and keep aside till cool.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the potatoes and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Skewer the potatoes and roast in an oven at 180C for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove and baste with oil.
- Roast again for 3 minutes.
- Heat 3/4 tsp of oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the skewered potato over moderate heat till crisp.
- Remove and drain excess oil.
- Sprinkle chaat masala on top.
- Serve hot.