These delicious and easy to make tikkis make a perfect starter or evening snack. Made with grated zucchinis, mashed potatoes and spices, they are best served with chutney or sauce.
Zucchini – 1, grated
Potatoes – 1, small, boiled, peeled, mashed
Garlic – 2 cloves, finely chopped
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil – 1 tsp
Cumin Powder – a pinch
Chaat Masala Powder – a pinch
Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
Breadcrumbs – 2 to 3 tblsp
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
1. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
2. Saute the garlic cloves for 10 seconds.
3. Add the grated zucchini and saute for a minute.
4. Add salt and saute for another minute.
5. Add the mashed potatoes to a bowl.
6. Add the zucchini mixture, red chilli powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder, chaat masala powder, coriander leaves and half of the breadcrumbs.
7. Mix well.
8. Shape the mixture into small/medium balls and flatten them like a cutlet.
9. Dredge them in the remaining breadcrumbs.
10. Heat oil in a shallow frying pan.
11. Shallow fry the prepared tikkis until crisp and golden brown.
12. Remove and transfer to a serving plate.
13. Sprinkle a bit of chaat masala powder.
14. Serve with sauce or chutney of choice.