Coconut Shrimp is a easy to make summer weeknight meal that can be made in less than 30 minutes. Often served as an appetizer in restaurants across the globe, it is a dish that every seafood lover would enjoy.
A plateful of these crispy delights with sweet chilli sauce and french fries would just disappear almost immediately.
- 200 g Shrimps peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp Lime Zest grated
- 1/2 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1/2 cup Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 Egg large
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 1/4 cup Sweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- for frying Oil
- Mix the shrimps, lime zest and lime juice in a bowl.
- Mix the flour, salt, pepper powder in a bowl and keep aside.
- Beat the egg and coconut milk in a bowl until smooth.
- Add the coconut flakes and red chilli powder together.
- Coat the shrimps, one at a time, first with flour, then egg and coconut.
- Heat oil in a deep pan over medium flame.
- Cook the shrimps, couple at a time, for 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove and drain excess oil.
- Serve with sweet chilli sauce.