A great way to use up any leftover rice, this cutlet made with vegetables and rice is a delicious variation and make a tasty evening snack or an appetizer starter to any meal.
Vegetable Rice Cutlet
- 2 cup Rice cooked, mashed
- 1 cup Mixed Vegetables finely chopped
- 2 Carrots finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Mint Leaves finely chopped
- 2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 to 3 tbsp Peanuts powdered
- 1 tsp Omam (Ajwain)
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 cup Corn Flakes crushed
- 2 tbsp Corn Flour -
- 2 to 3 tbsp Red Chilli Powder adjust as per taste
- 1/4 cup Maida
- Salt as per taste
- Oil as required
- Cook the carrots and mash well.
- Heat 2 tblsp oil in a pan over medium flame.
- Add the mixed vegetables and ginger garlic paste.
- Sprinkle a little salt and saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the peanut powder, ajwain, garam masala powder, red chilli powder and stir well.
- Add mint leaves, coriander leaves, mashed carrot and mix well.
- Remove from flame.
- Add the rice and mix again.
- Shape them into cutlets.
- Gently roll them in the breadcrumbs and keep aside.
- Mix the cornflour and maida with enough water to make a pourable paste.
- Dip the cutlets in this mixture, roll them in the corn flakes and keep them in the fridge for 60 to 90 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
- Deep fry the cutlets, one or two at a time, until golden brown.
- Remove and serve with tomato ketchup.