Baby Potatoes – 400 gms
Baby Spinach – 100 gms, chopped
Olive Oil – 1 tblsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
Garlic – 1 clove, finely chopped
Ginger – 1/4 tsp, grated
Puff Pasty Sheet – 1
Egg – 1, small, beaten well
Yogurt – 1/4 cup
Green Chilli – 1, small, finely chopped
Red Chilli Flakes as per taste
1. Boil the potatoes in salted water for 10 minutes or until tender.
2. Drain and chop them into small pieces.
3. Heat oil in a pan.
4. Fry the mustard seeds, ginger, garlic and curry leaves for 30 seconds.
5. Add the spinach leaves and potatoes.
6. Add salt and stir well.
7. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes and remove.
8. Cut the pasty sheet into small/medium squares.
9. Place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
10. Add a little water to the eggs and whisk well.
11. Brush the squares with the beaten egg mixture and bake in a preheated oven at 200C/400F for 15 minutes or until golden.
12. Remove and cool for a minute.
13. Add little yogurt to each of the squares and evenly spread.
14. Add little portion of the potato mixture.
15. Sprinkle a little red chilli flakes and drizzle with little olive oil.
16. Bake again for 10 minutes or until golden.
17. Remove and cool.