Hara Bhara Kebab (or) Hara Bhara Kabab is a delicious and quick party starter dish. Made using spinach, green peas and potatoes, they are a great way to get your kids to eat healthy. Most kebabs are non-vegetarian and this dish is a vegetarian option for those who feel left out.
These kababs can be served as an evening snack, party starters or a quick late-night snack during movie time.
Hara Bhara Kabab Recipe
Ingredients for Hara Bhara Kabab
- 2 Potatoes medium, boiled
- 1/4 cup Green Peas shelled
- 1 cup Spinach cleaned, washed, chopped
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 tsp Amchur Powder (Dry Mango Powder)
- 1/2 inch Ginger peeled, finely chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- handful Coriander Leaves chopped
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice - 1 tsp
- as required Oil
- as per taste Salt
How to make Hara Bhara Kabab
- Heat a pan of water over medium flame.
- When it starts boiling add the green peas and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped spinach and cook for another minute.
- Drain the water and place the peas and spinach under cold running water.
- Drain again and keep them aside to dry.
- Squeeze out any extra water and transfer them to a blender.
- Add 1 boiled potato, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, dry mango powder, salt, ginger, garlic, green chilli, lime juice and coriander leaves.
- Add 1/2 tsp of oil and blend to a thick paste.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Mash the remaining potato and add to the bowl.
- Add cornflour and mix well. The mixture should be thick and sticky.
- Shape the mixture, using wet hands, into desired shapes (round or squares or oblong) and place them on a floured plate.
- Keep them in the fridge for 30 to 35 minutes so that they are firm.
- Remove them 10 minutes before frying.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium flame.
- Add butter and fry the prepared kababs, few at a time, till golden brown and crisp.
- Remove and drain excess oil.
- Serve warm with chutney or sauce.