Green Jackfruit – 400 gms, peeled and cut into one inch pieces
Oil – 2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Jeera Powder – 1 tsp, roasted
Peas – 2 cups, shelled
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Bread Crumbs – 2 cups, fresh
Potatoes – 2, boiled and mashed
Green Chillies – 2, chopped
Oil for frying
Salt as per taste
1. Boil the jackfruit pieces in salted water till tender.
2. Drain out all the water and keep aside to cool.
3. Heat the oil in a pan.
4. Fry the jackfruit pieces on low fire adding all the spices.
5. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes and remove to a mixing bowl.
6. Coarsely crush the shelled peas, and add to the jackfruit mixture.
7. Also, mix in the mashed potatoes, bread crumbs and green chillies.
8. Add salt as per taste and blend the mixture well so that all the ingredients are mixed well together.
9. Shape the mixture into cutlets.
10. Deep fry these in oil.
11. Serve with ketchup or green chutney.