Maravalli Kizhangu Cutlet (Tapioca Cutlet or Kappa Cutlet) is a delicious and simple appetizer / snack. Made with steamed, mashed tapioca / maravalli kizhangu mixed with onion, carrot, gram flour and spices, this is a delectable evening snack and something different than the regular potato cutlets.
Maravalli Kizhangu Cutlet Recipe
Ingredients for Maravalli Kizhangu Cutlet
- 1 cup Maravalli Kizhangu (Tapioca) boiled & mashed
- 1 Carrot grated
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 3 Green Chillies finely chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 3 tbsp Roasted Gram Flour
- Oil as required
- Salt as per taste
How to make Maravalli Kizhangu Cutlet
- Combine the tapioca, carrot, onion, green chillies, ginger garlic paste and salt in a bowl.
- Add gram flour and mix well.
- Heat oil in a tawa over medium flame.
- Make small balls of the dough and flatten them slightly.
- Fry the prepared cutlets on both sides till golden brown.
- Serve hot with sauce.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.