Shrikhand is a traditional Indian dessert / sweet made with hung curd during festivals and special occasions.
A classic curd based dessert with saffron, cardamom and nuts, it comes in numerous, regional variations, most notably, Mango and Kesar varieties.
Also called as Matho, it is best served chilled and is a def. hit with adults and kids alike.
For Mango variations, add mango pulp or puree 1 ripe mango in the mixer and add to the mixture.
Instead of plain curd, you can use Greek Yogurt. If you do use Greek Yogurt, you can skip the first step.
Ingredients for Shrikhand
- 400 g Curd
- 250 g Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- few Saffron Strands mixed with 2 tsp warm milk
- few Almonds chopped
- few Pistachios chopped
How to make Shrikhand
- Hang the curd in a muslin cloth for couple of hours or until all liquid has drained.
- Mix the curd and sugar in a large bowl.
- Blend well until smooth.
- Add cardamom powder and saffron strands.
- Mix gently.
- Garnish with with almonds and pistachios.
- Keep it in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours.
- Serve chilled.