Maida Cake or also called as Maida Burfi, this is a simple dessert/sweet recipe using maida (plain flour) for this diwali. Use any food colour if desired and make it look colourful this Diwali.
- Maida – 2 cups
- Milk – 2 litres
- Sugar – 6 cups
- Ghee – 1 1/2 cups
- Cardamom Powder – little
- Cashew Nuts – few
- Boil the milk and simmer until it is reduced by half and has a khoya consistency.
- Heat ghee in a heavy-bottomed pan.
- Add the maida and gently roast until light golden.
- Remove from flame and cool.
- Add the khoya and mix well without any lumps.
- Add sugar to a large pan and pour enough water.
- Bring to a boil.
- When it reaches a two string consistency (two threads are formed when tested between fingers) add the maida mixture, cardamom powder and mix well.
- Keep stirring for 2 minutes and switch off the flame.
- Remove from flame and stir continuously for a few minutes.
- Transfer this to a plate greased with ghee.
- Spread evenly and allow it to cool.
- Before it cools completely, cut into desired shapes and garnish with cashew nuts.
- Store in an airtight container.
Tip: Add any food colour or any essence (apple/vanilla) if desired.