Bengal Gram Flour – 1/2 cup
Onions – 2 tblsp, finely cut
Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Ginger Green Chilli Paste – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Cooking Soda – a pinch
Oil – to deep fry
Sour Curds – 2 cups
Bengal Gram Flour – 1 1/2 tblsp
Turmeric Powder – 2 pinches
Rock Salt – 1 tblsp
Curry Leaves – 2 springs
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Fenugreek – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
1. Mix all the ingredients mentioned under pakoda except oil in a small bowl.
2. Add water little by little and prepare thick batter.
3. Heat oil in a kadai and deep fry small pakodas using the prepared batter. Keep aside.
4. Whip curds and dilute with another 2 cups of water.
5. Mix gram flour, salt, turmeric powder, ginger green chilli paste to this curds.
6. Heat this curd mixture in reduced flame without boiling, stirring in between till it becomes little thick.
7. Put prepared pakodas in this and cook for another one minute.
8. Remove from fire and add curry leaves.
9. Fry fenugreek, cumin seeds in little oil, add asafoetida and pour over kadi.
10. Serve hot with rice or puris.