Urad dal – 1 cup
Yogurt – 1 kg
Cumin powder – 2 tsp, roasted
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Black salt – 1 tsp
Ginger juliennes – 1 tsp
Chopped green chilli – 2 tbsp
Coriander leaves – 4 tbsp, chopped
Raisins – 2 tbsp, soaked in water
Water as required
Salt as per taste
1. Soak the dal in water for 4 hours. Grind to a smooth paste with very little water. Add chopped green chilli and salt.
2. Fry 1 tsp full of batter in hot oil till golden.
3. Remove with a slooted spoon and put the bhallas in warm water. Leave for 10 minutes. Squeeze out the water by pressing between the palms of your hands.
4. Blend yogurt well with salt.
5. Coat 6 bhallas well with yogurt. Pour 1 tsp green chutney and 2 tsp sweet chutney.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves, ginger juliennes, red chilli powder, cumin powder, black salt and a few soaked raisins.
THE RECIPE IS VERY SIMPLE TO UNDERSTAND AND TO MAKE