Egg Dosa is a healthy and simple breakfast dish. This dosa variation is super easy and makes for a healthy start to the day. The recipe below contains the ingredients to make the dosa batter, however you can skip those and use a store bought batter too.
Egg Dosa Recipe
Ingredients for Egg Dosa
- 1 cup Urad Dal
- 1 cup Parboiled Rice
- Eggs 1 for each dosa
- 3/4 tsp Vendhayam (Fenugreek Seeds)
- Salt as per taste
- Black Pepper Powder as per taste
- Oil as required
How to make Egg Dosa
- Soak the dal, rice and fenugreek seeds for 3 to 4 hours.
- Then grind to a semi-thick batter.
- Cover and keep aside to ferment for 8 hours.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Heat a tawa over medium flame.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter and spread evenly.
- Break one egg and spread it a little.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper powder on top of the egg.
- Apply oil around the edges.
- Cook till the egg is set and the dosa is light golden brown.
- Serve hot with chutney and sambar of choice.