Whole Wheat Flour – 2 cups
Jaggery – 1 cup
Ghee – 2 tblsp
Sugar – 100 gms, powdered (or as per taste)
Water as required
Almonds/Cashewnuts – few, chopped and toasted, for garnish
1. Mix the wheat flour with 1 tblsp of ghee in a bowl and keep aside.
2. Heat a heavy bottomed pan over medium flame.
3. Add 3 cups of water and jaggery.
4. Bring to a boil and reduce flame to low.
5. Add the remaining ghee and mix well.
6. Add the wheat flour and stir well.
7. Cover the pan with a lid and simmer for 15 minutes or until all water has been absorbed or evaporated, stirring from time to time.
8. Remove and transfer to a serving bowl.
9. Sprinkle sugar on top and garnish with almonds.
10. Serve at once.