Chow Chow (Chayote) – 200 gms
Ragi Flour – 200 gms
Onions – 100 gms
Green Chillies – 5 to 6
Cumin Seeds – 2 tsp
Oil as required
Saunf – 2 tsp
Corn Flour – 2 tsp
Bread Crumbs – 100 gms
Curry Leaves – few
1. Peel and chop the chow chow into small pieces.
2. Finely chop the onions and green chillies.
3. Pressure cook the chow chows and mash well.
4. Heat little oil in a pan over medium flame.
5. Fry the cumin seeds, saunf, green chillies and curry leaves for 30 seconds.
6. Add the onions and saute for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden.
7. Add the mashed chow chow, ragi flour and corn flour to a large bowl.
8. Add the onion mixture and mix well to a pliable dough.
9. Make small balls and flatten them slightly.
10. Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
11. Dredge the prepared cutlets in breadcrumbs and carefully add them to the hot oil.
12. Deep fry until golden brown.
13. Remove and drain excess oil.
14. Serve hot with sauce or chutney.