Chicken – 500 gms, chopped
Coconut Milk – 1 1/2 to 2 cups
Coconut – 1/2 cup, grated
Onions – 4, chopped
Ghee – 1/4 cup
Raisins – 50 gms, fried in ghee
Cumin Seeds – 2 tsp
Gasa Gasa – 2 tsp
Cloves – 4
Garlic – 10 cloves
Curry Leaves – few
Peppercorns – few
Lemon Juice as required
Ginger – a small piece
Salt as per taste
1. Grind together ginger, grated coconut, garlic, peppercorns, gasa gasa, cumin seeds and curry leaves to a fine paste.
2. Heat a little ghee in a pan.
3. Saute the onions for a minute and remove.
4. In a separate pan, heat a little ghee.
5. Fry the chicken pieces till light golden. Keep aside.
6. Add half of the onions to the ground masala and fry the remaining till crisp.
7. Reserve the fried onions.
8. Add the masala paste to the pan and fry till the raw smell disappears.
9. Reduce flame to low and add the chicken pieces.
10. Stir well and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
11. Add the coconut milk and simmer for a few minutes.
12. Add the lemon juice, raisins and salt.
13. Gently stir and mix well.
14. Add the fried onions and simmer for a minute.
15. Serve hot with rice.