Shrimps with Tomato and Coconut Milk is a culinary journey that brings together the vibrant tastes of the coast. Imagine plump, juicy shrimp swimming in a pool of velvety coconut milk and tangy tomato sauce seasoned with a medley of spices that awaken your taste buds. This dish strikes the perfect balance between comforting and exotic, making it a crowd-pleaser for any occasion.
The beauty of this recipe lies in its simplicity. It’s a quick and easy way to elevate your weeknight dinners or impress guests with minimal effort. The coconut milk lends a creamy richness, while the tomato sauce adds a delightful tanginess. Ginger garlic paste and a blend of spices infuse the dish with depth and warmth, while fresh coriander leaves provide freshness.
Pair shrimp with Tomato and Coconut Milk with steamed rice for a complete and satisfying meal. The fluffy rice perfectly complements the saucy shrimp, creating a harmony of textures and flavours on your plate. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can also enjoy this dish with naan or crusty bread to soak up every drop of that delectable sauce.
Shrimps with Tomato and Coconut Milk Recipe
Ingredients for Shrimps with Tomato and Coconut Milk
- 12 pcs Shrimps )peeled and deveined)
- 200 ml Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce
- 2 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Onion (small, sliced)
- 1 tbsp Capsicum (sliced)
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt - as per taste
- Coriander Leaves - handful (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp Sugar
How to make Shrimps with Tomato and Coconut Milk
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Saute the sliced onions for 2 minutes until they turn translucent.
- Add the sliced capsicum and continue to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in the ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, mustard seeds, garam masala powder, and red chilli powder. Mix well.
- Pour in the coconut milk, tomato sauce, salt, and a hint of sugar. Stir to combine and let it simmer until the sauce slightly thickens.
- Add the peeled and deveined shrimps to the sauce. Stir gently to coat them with the flavorful sauce.
- Cook the shrimps for about 3 to 4 minutes until they turn pink and are fully cooked.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Can I use frozen shrimp for this recipe?
Absolutely! Thaw frozen shrimp before cooking. Ensure they are peeled and deveined for the best results.
What can I serve as a side dish with Shrimps with Tomato and Coconut Milk?
Is this recipe spicy?
The level of spiciness can be adjusted to your preference. The red chilli powder adds a mild kick, but you can increase or decrease it to suit your taste.
Can I substitute shrimp with another seafood?
Certainly! You can replace shrimp with scallops, fish, or even crab for a delightful variation. Adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Are there any suitable dessert pairings with this dish?
To end your meal on a sweet note, consider serving a classic Indian dessert like Gulab Jamun or a refreshing Mango Lassi. These options complement the flavors of Shrimps with Tomato and Coconut Milk beautifully.