Christmas cupcakes are small cakes that are decorated with icing and topped with a Christmas-themed decoration. They can be made in many different flavors such as chocolate, vanilla, gingerbread, cinnamon, and pumpkin spice. People usually eat them on Christmas Eve or on Christmas Day as a dessert.
These festive cupcakes are popular with kids.
Christmas Cupcakes Recipe
Ingredients for Christmas Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cup Caster Sugar
- 3 to 4 Eggs depending on size
- 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 250 g Butter
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate chopped
- 4 cup Maida (Plain Flour)
- 1 cup Milk
- Cupcake molds lined with paper cases
- to garnish Glazed Cherries available in stores
For the icing:
- 3 cup Icing Sugar
- 1/4 cup Boiling Water
- 50 g Butter
How to make Christmas Cupcakes
- Blend the butter and sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and beat well.
- Add the vanilla essence and chocolate.
- Mix well.
- Add the maida and milk.
- Mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the molds till 3/4th full.
- Place them in a preheated oven at 190C/380F and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove and cool.
- To make the icing, transfer the icing sugar to a bowl.
- Pour the boiling water and butter.
- Mix well until smooth and shiny.
- Spread this on top of the cupcake.
- Garnish with glazed cherries.