Jeera Milagu Rasam is a traditional South Indian dish bursting with flavour. This dish is made with a unique blend of spices, including cumin, pepper, and coriander, and offers a distinct aroma and taste. Enjoy it as a side dish with rice, idli, or dosa for a hearty and satisfying meal.
This twist on the classic Jeera Rasam recipe is a must-try for those who love South Indian cuisine. Adding black pepper gives it a bold, spicy flavour, while the cumin and coriander add a citrusy and earthy balance.
Jeera Milagu Rasam Recipe
Ingredients for Jeera Milagu Rasam
- a lime sized ball Tamarind
- as per taste Salt
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 1 1/2 tsp Black Peppercorns
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Red Gram Dal
- 1 Dry Red Chilli
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida Powder
- 2 tsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Dry Red Chilli halved
- few Curry Leaves
How to make Jeera Milagu Rasam
- Soak the tamarind in 1 cup of water and extract the juice.
- To make the spice powder, fry in 1 tsp ghee the peppercorns, cumin seeds, red gram dal, red chilli and asafoetida powder and grind fine.
- Set aside.
- Heat 2 tsp ghee and add all the ingredients for tempering.
- When the mustard seeds splutter, add the tamarind juice and salt.
- Simmer for a few minutes till the raw smell of the tamarind disappears.
- Add the ground powder and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Serve hot with rice.