Chettinad Chicken Curry
- 500 g Chicken washed, cleaned, chopped
- 1/4 cup Sambar Onions (Shallots ) finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 Tomatoes finely chopped
- 3 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 3 tsp Coriander Powder
- a pinch Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Pepper Powder
- small handful Coriander Leaves finely chopped
- as per taste Salt
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 2 Cloves
- 2 Cardamoms
- 1 tsp Saunf
- few Curry Leaves
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
- Add the tempering ingredients and fry for a minute.
- Add the chopped onions and saute until golden.
- Add ginger garlic paste and stir well.
- Simmer for 30 seconds and add the tomatoes.
- Add the coriander leaves, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and pepper powder.
- Mix well and add the chicken pieces.
- Add salt and pour 1/2 cup of water.
- Cover the pan with a lid and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir once. Cover again and bring to a boil.
- When the chicken is cooked and tender, sprinkle coriander leaves and pepper powder on top.
- Stir to mix well.
- Remove from flame and serve hot.