Sweet Corn Kernels – 2 cups
Bread Slices – 5, crust removed, soaked in water and squeeze dried
Onions – 5, medium, finely chopped
Aniseed – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Breadcrumbs – as required
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
Coriander Leaves – 1 tblsp, finely chopped
Mint Leaves – 1 tblsp, finely chopped
Green Chillies – 6
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece, peeled
Garlic – 3 cloves
1. Grind together the green chillies, ginger and garlic to a fine paste.
2. Pressure cook the corn kernels in salted water for 4 whistles and grind to a paste.
3. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
4. Saute the onions and aniseeds for 45 seconds.
5. Add the ground paste and fry until onions turn golden.
6. Add the ground corn, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder and cook for 2 minutes.
7. Add coriander leaves and mint leaves.
8. Stir well and remove.
9. Add the bread slices and mix well.
10. Make small balls of this mixture and shape them like a cutlet.
11. Roll them in breadcrumbs and keep aside.
12. Heat oil for frying in a pan.
13. Fry the cutlets on both sides until golden brown.
14. Remove and drain excess oil.
15. Serve with sauce or chutney.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.