Peanut Chutney is a savory, spicy chutney that is made from groundnuts, tamarind and spices.
Peanut Chutney (Groundnut Chutney)
- 1 cup of Peanuts
- 7 Dry Red Chillies adjust according to your spice level
- 1 Small Onion finely sliced
- 1 Garlic Clove finely sliced
- to taste Salt
- 2 tsp Tamarind Pulp
- 1-2 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Urad dal
- 2 Dry Red Chillies
- 5-6 Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Oil
- Add a cup of peanuts to a pan and fry until it turns light brown and set aside.
- Heat some oil in a pan, Fry the sliced onions, crushed red chillies , sliced garlic cloves till brown and set aside.
- Let it cool completely.
- Place all ingredients with tamarind pulp, fried peanuts, salt in a blender and pulse until it forms a smooth paste with little water.
- Heat some oil in a pan, Add all the ingredients listed under tempering and fry for a minute in hot oil and pour over the chutney and serve.