Idli Batter – 1 cup
Onion – 4 tsp, grated
Gram Flour – 2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece, finely chopped
Green Chillies – 2, finely chopped
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
Curry Leaves – few, chopped
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Mix idli batter, gram flour, red chilli powder, ginger, green chillies, curry leaves and coriander leaves.
2. Add onions and salt.
3. Mix well.
4. Make small balls of the batter.
5. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium flame.
6. Fry these balls till golden brown.
7. Remove and drain excess oil.
8. Serve hot with chutney of choice.
image credit: iskcondesiretree.net