Spinach – 3 to 4 bunches
Besan Flour – 1 cup
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Mushrooms – 200 gms, cut into circles
Oil for deep frying
Salt as per taste
1. Prepare a batter by mixing the besan flour with salt, a portion of red chilli powder and 1 1/2 cups of water.
2. Wash the bunches of spinach leaves and pat-dry so that there is no moisture remaining.
3. Spread the besan batter on these leaves on both sides.
4. Gently spread the besan so that the leaves do not break.
5. Also, coat the mushroom circles with this besan batter.
6. Heat oil for deep frying in a flat pan.
7. Once the oil is hot, place one bunch of the leaves with the spread out batter.
8. Let one side of the bunch fry while you place a few mushroom circles on the top side of the bunched leaves.
9. Now very gently turn over the bunched leaves so that the mushrooms donÊ¼t slip out of the leaves.
10. Fry both sides and place on a serving tray and serve as a starter or a side dish.
11. Alternatively, fry the bunched leaves with the besan batter separately and fry the besan coated mushrooms separately. Place the fried mushroom on the fried spinach leaves and serve.