Turnip – 200 gms
Peas – 1 cup, shelled
Potatoes – 1 cup, boiled and mashed
Oil – 1 tblsp
Bread Crumbs – 1 cup
Dry Mango Powder – 1/4 tsp
Red Chillies – 1 tsp
Jeera Powder – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Peel the turnips and cut into quarters.
2. Boil in salted water till tender.
3. Discard the water and pat dry with a towel till all the moisture is evaporated.
4. Remove to a mixing bowl.
5. Mash the boiled turnip.
6. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick pan.
7. Fry the mashed turnip on low fire for 2 to 3 minutes adding salt to taste.
8. Remove this again to the mixing bowl.
9. Into this add the potatoes, peas, bread crumbs and the spices.
10. Mix all the ingredients.
11. Divide the mixture into portions and shape each portion into a round cutletÊ¼.
12. Deep fry in hot oil a few at a time till crispy and golden brown.
13. Serve with ketchup or salad.