Fresh Button Mushrooms – 200 gms
Oil – 2 tblsp plus some more for shallow frying
Onion – 1, small and chopped
Tomato – 1/2, small, chopped
Coriander Powder – 1/4 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/4 tsp
Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Potato – 2 tblsp, grated and boiled
Breadcrumbs – 2 tblsp
Rice Flour – 3 tblsp
Salt to taste
1. Cut the mushrooms into small pieces.
2. Sprinkle with salt and set aside for 5 minutes.
3. Heat 2 tblsp of oil in a pan and saute the onion till it changes colour.
4. Add the tomato and cook till soft.
5. Add the mushrooms and saute till half cooked.
6. Add the coriander powder, cumin powder, chilli powder and garam masala powder. Mix well.
7. Remove from heat and leave to cool.
8. Mix together the cooked mushrooms, potato, breadcrumbs and salt.
9. Make small round balls of the mixture.
10. Flatten into an oval shape.
11. Roll in rice flour and shallow fry on both sides till golden brown.
12. Serve hot with tomato sauce.