Morel Mushrooms – 150 gms, chopped
Potatoes – 3, boiled, peeled
Green Peas – 50 gms, boiled
Onions – 3, medium sized, chopped
Ginger – 1 tsp, finely chopped
Coconut – 1 tbsp, grated
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Green Coriander – 1 tbsp, chopped
Breadcrumbs – 2 tbsp
Gram flour – 1 cup
Salt – a pinch
1. Mix all the ingredients, except salt, together in a bowl adding the breadcrumbs last.
2. In a large bowl, make a thick smooth batter with gram flour, salt and a little water.
3. Divide and shape the mushroom mixture into flat, round lemon sized cutlets.
4. Heat the oil in a frying pan till smoking.
5. Dip each cutlet in the gram flour batter and fry till evenly crisp and golden brown.
6. Remove and drain on absorbent kitchen towels.
7. Serve hot with mint chutney.