Water – 2 cups
Coconut Milk Powder – 1/2 cup
Jasmine Rice – 1 3/4 cups, rinsed
Groundnut Oil – 2 tblsp
Garlic – 2 cloves, chopped
Onion – 1 small, finely chopped
Fresh Root Ginger – 1 inch piece, grated
Chicken Breast Fillets – 225 gms, skinned and cut into 1/2 inch dice
Red Pepper – 1, seeded and sliced
Drained Canned Corn – 1 cup
Chilli Oil – 1 tsp
Hot Curry Powder – 1 tsp
Eggs – 2, beaten
Salt – to taste
Spring Onion Shreds – to garnish
1. Pour the water into a pan and whisk in the coconut milk powder. Add the rice and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and cook for 12 minutes or until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed. Spread the rice on a baking sheet and leave until completely cold.
2. Heat the oil in a wok, add the garlic, onion and ginger and stir-fry over a medium heat for 2 minutes.
3. Push the onion mixture to the sides of the wok, add the chicken to the centre and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the rice and toss well. Stir-fry over a high heat for about 3 minutes more, until the chicken is cooked through.
4. Stir in the sliced red pepper, corn, chilli oil and curry powder with salt to taste.
5. Toss over the heat for 1 minute. Stir in the beaten eggs and cook for 1 minutes more.
6. Garnish with the spring onion shreds and serve.