Basmati Rice – 3/4 cup
Groundnut Oil – 2 tblsp
Red Onion – 1 small, chopped
Red Pepper – 1, seeded and chopped
Cherry Tomatoes – 225 gms, halved
Eggs – 2, beaten
Salt as per taste
Ground Black Pepper as required
1. Wash the rice several times under cold running water. Drain well.
2. Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the rice and cook for 10-12 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok until very hot. Add the onion and red pepper and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the cherry tomatoes and continue stir-frying for 2 minutes more.
5. Pour in the beaten eggs all at once. Cook for 30 seconds without stirring, then stir to break up the egg as it sets.
6. Drain the cooked rice thoroughly. Add to the wok and toss it over the heat with the vegetables and egg mixture for 3 minutes.
7. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.