Potatoes – 2, large
Green Capsicum – 1 small
Cheese – 1/2 cup, grated
Oil – 3 tblsp
Refined Flour – 3 tblsp
Milk – 2 cups
Salt – 1 tsp
Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp freshly ground
Breadcrumbs – 3 tblsp
1. Wash and peel the potatoes.
2. Cut them into half and then into 1/4 inch slices.
3. Put them into a pan with water and cook them over high heat for 5 minutes until they are soft.
4. Cut the capsicum into quarters and remove the white pith and seeds.
5. Chop the capsicum fine.
6. Grate enough cheese to make up 1/2 a cup.
7. Heat 2 tblsp of oil in a frying pan over a moderate heat and add the capsicum and fry for 1 minute.
8. Sprinkle in the flour and fry for 1 minute, stirring all the time.
9. Pour in the milk in a thin stream and stir continuously so that no lumps form.
10. Cook, stirring all the time, till the sauce becomes thick.
11. Mix int he grated cheese, salt and pepper and remove the pan from the heat.
12. Add the cooked potatoes to the mixture.
13. Fry the breadcrumsb in 1tsp oil in a kadai till light brown.
14. Sproon the potatoes into a dish and sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top.