Mushrooms – 4, large, flat
Garlic Cloves – 4, finely chopped
Thyme – 2 tblsp, chopped
Olive Oil – 3 tblsp
Red Capsicum – 1, cut into 4 large slices and roasted
Cheese – 150 gms, cut into 4 thick slices (preferably Goat’s Cheese)
Butter – 50 gms
Fresh Breadcrumbs – 125 gms
Grated Rind of 1 Lemon
Parsley – 4 tblsp, finely chopped
Salt as per taste
Large Burger Buns – 2
Rocket Leaves – 100 gms
1. Place the mushrooms in a baking tray.
2. Sprinle them with garlic and thyme.
3. Drizzle over the olive oil and cook in a preheated oven at 200C/400F for 10 minutes.
4. Place a slice of red capsicum and a slice of the cheese on each mushroom.
5. Heat the butter in a nonstick frying pan.
6. Fry the breadcrumbs, lemon rind and parsley for about 3 minutes.
7. Spoon the breadcrumb mixture over the mushrooms.
8. Season well with salt and pepper.
9. Return the burgers to the oven and roast for another 5 minutes until the top is golden and the cheese has started to melt.
10. Halve the buns and toast them.
11. Top each half with rocket leaves and a mushroom.
12. Garnish with extra rocket leaves.
I have nowhere around here to get goats cheese, but the smoked provolone I did use seemed to work just fine. I used portabello mushrooms since it didn’t specify. Super good.