Fresh Coriander – 2 tblsp, chopped
Salt – 1 tsp
Green Chillies – 2, fresh
Lemon Juice – 3 tblsp
Oil – 2 tblsp
King Prawns – 20, cooked and peeled
Zucchini (Courgette) – 1 medium, thickly sliced
Onion – 1 medium, cut into 8 chunks
Cherry Tomatoes – 8
Baby Corn Cobs – 8
Mixed Salad Leaves to serve
1. Place the chopped coriander salt, green chillies, lemon juice and oil in a blender and process for a few seconds to form a paste.
2. Scrape the spice paste from the blender and transfer it to a medium mixing bowl.
3. Devein the peeled prawns and add to the spices and stir to coat well. Cover the bowl and set aside for the prawns to marinate for about 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the grill to very hot. Arrange the vegetables and prawns alternately on four skewers.
5. Reduce the temperature of the grill to medium and grill the prawn kebabs for 5-7 minutes until cooked and browned, turning once.
6. Serve the prawn and vegetable kebabs immediately on a bed of mixed salad leaves.
Note: Zucchini or courgette is a variety of marrow (summmer squash). Choose one that has a shiny green outer skin and a firm watery flesh. Zucchini is available at some vegetable vendors and is very seasonal. If zucchini is not available, you can use thinly sliced mushrooms or brinjals.