Pineapple Chunks – 225 gms
Cumin – 1 tsp, ground
Coriander – 1 tsp, ground
Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Garlic – 1/2 tsp, crushed
Salt – 1 tsp
Low-Fat Yogurt – 2 tblsp
Fresh Coriander – 1 tblsp, chopped
Orange Food Colouring – few drops (optional)
Chicken – 275 gms, boneless, skinned and cubed
Red Pepper – 1/2, seeded
Yellow or Green Pepper – 1/2, seeded
Onion – 1 large
Cherry Tomatoes – 6
Oil – 1 tblsp
Salad Leaves – to serve
1. Drain the pineapple juice into a bowl. Reserve 8 large chunks of pineapple and squeeze the juice from the remaining chunks into the bowl and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the spices, garlic, salt, yogurt, fresh coriander and food colouring, if using. Mix in the reserved pineapple juice.
3. Add the chicken to the yogurt and spice mixture, cover and leave to marinate in a cool place for about 1 – 1 1/2 hours.
4. Cut the peppers and onion into bitesize chunks.
5. Preheat the grill to medium. Arrange the chicken pieces, vegetables and reserved pineapple chunks alternately on metal skewers.
6. Brush the kebabs lightly with the oil, then place the skewers on a grill pan, turning the chicken pieces and basting with the marinade regularly for about 15 minutes until cooked through.
7. Serve with salad leaves.