500 gms pomfret
some banana leaves
salt to taste
oil for frying
For the chutney, Grind to paste
1 cup coconut, grated
1/2 cup coriander leaves
3-4 green chillies
2 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp tamarind
1. Clean and cut the pomfret into 6 slices of 1 inch width. Rub with salt and keep aside.
2. Cut pieces of banana leaves, avoiding the rib. The pieces should be large enough to wrap each slice of fish. Hold each piece of leaf, directly over a flame for a few seconds to soften it.
3. Smear oil on one side of each piece of leaf. Coat each slice of fish with chutney. Lay one slice on the greased side of the leaf. Roll it up into a packet. Tie with a thread.
4. Steam till the fish is cooked.
5. Serve immediately in the wrapping.