Ganesha is often associated with ushering in prosperity and good luck at home.
Every year during Ganesh Chaturthi, households across India make delicious little kozhukattais (as called in South) or Modaks (as called in North) with different types of fillings. This is one such chocolatey version of the traditional dish.
Chocolate Kozhukattai Recipe
Ingredients for Chocolate Kozhukattai
- 1 cup Rice Flour
- as per taste Salt
- 2 tsp Oil
- as required Water
For the Chocolate Filling
- 1/2 cup Choco Chips
- 1/4 cup Grated Coconut
- 8 to 10 Almonds chopped
- 2 tsp Powdered Sugar
- 2 tbsp Ghee
How to make Chocolate Kozhukattai
- For the fillings, take a pan and heat it over low-medium flame.
- Add the choco chips and melt them.
- Add the grated coconut, almonds, powdered sugar and ghee.
- Mix well until they get mixed evenly.
- When the mixture turns thick, remove from flame.
- Allow it to cool down.
- Take a pan and add boil water.
- Add 2 tsp of oil/ghee and salt to it.
- When the water starts to boil, gradually add the rice flour along the sides.
- Keep stirring until the mixture turns thick.
- Make sure no lumps are formed.
- Remove from flame and gently knead them.
- Make small balls from the mixture and flatten them to disc shape.
- Keep 1 or 2 tsp of fillings, and close the balls.
- Steam cook the prepared kozhukattai's in a greased idli plate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove and serve.