Onions – 3 large
Tomatoes – 3 (medium sized)
Ginger garlic paste – 1tsp
Cauliflower – 2 (medium sized)
Coconut extract – 1/4 cup
Red chilli powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Salt – as required
Oil – to fry
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – few
Chopped coriander leaves – 1 tbl sp
Slit green chillies – 2
Grated fresh coconut – 2 1/2 tbl sps
Poppy seeds – 1 1/2 tsp
Roasted gram – 1 tbl sp
Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
1. Chop onions, tomatoes and cauliflower into fine pieces.
2. Wash cauliflower pieces twice. Take it in bowl and pour luke warm water with little salt. Keep closed for 2 minutes and strain the water. (this process removes any insects in the cauliflower)
3. Heat oil, add cumin seeds, curry leaves , green chillies and then onions.
4. Fry till it turns transparent and add cauliflower pieces.
5. Stir for 2 minutes, add red chilli powder, mix well and then add chopped tomatoes.
7. Pour little water and keep closed till cauliflower becomes soft.
8. Add ground paste and salt.
9. Cook till gravy becomes thick.
10. Pour thick coconut extract. When it attains boiling point, remove from fire.
11. Garnish with coriander leaves.
12. Squeeze lime according to taste if you prefer.
Serve this with Appam or dosai.