A delicious bonda that can be served with tea as a snack or can also be served as a starter to any occasion. Also makes a tasty afterschool snack for kids.
Maida (or Wheat Flour) – 2 cups
Rice Flour – 2 cups
Butter – 1/4 cup
Onions – 1 cup, finely chopped
Green Chillies – 4 to 5, finely chopped
Cheese – 1/2 cup, grated
Coriander Leaves – 1/4 cup + 2 tblsp, finely chopped
Salt as per taste
Oil as required for frying
1. Combine the maida, rice flour with salt and butter in a bowl.
2. Mix well.
3. Add some warm water and mix well to a thick batter, like an idli batter.
4. Keep aside to cool.
5. Add onions, green chillies, cheese, coriander leaves and mix well.
6. Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
7. Drop small portions (small balls) of the batter into the hot oil and deep fry until golden brown.
8. Remove and drain excess oil.
9. Serve hot with chutney.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !