Vegetable Oil – 2 tblsp
Garlic – 1 tblsp, minced
Ginger – 1/2 tblsp, grated
Shredded Napa Cabbage (or) Regular Cabbage – 2 cups
Carrot – 1, grated
Bean sprouts – 1/2 cup
Bean Thread Noodles, blanced and chopped – 60 gms
Chicken Breast – 250 gms, shredded and cooked
Hoisin Sauce – 1 tblsp
Oyster Sauce – 1 tblsp
Coriander – 2 tblsp, chopped
Package Spring Roll wrappers – 1
Egg – 1, beaten
Vegetable Oil – for frying
1. Cook the garlic, ginger, cabbage, carrot and bean sprouts in a wok for 2 minutes.
2. Add the noodles and chicken; continue to cook until heated thorough.
3. Pour the hoisin and oyster sauces, toss to coat the mixture. The filling should be moist but not wet.
4. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Then toss in the chopped coriander.
5. Lay a spring roll wrapper on a flat surface on an angle so it looks like a diamond. Put 2 tblsp of the filling near the bottom corner of the wrapper and fold up to enclose the filling. Fold in the 2 sides. Paint the top seam of the wrapper with beaten egg. Continue rolling up to form a tight cylinder.
6. Pour about 1 inch of oil in a skillet and heat to 350F. Fry the spring rolls for 2 minutes, turning to cook all sides.
7. Drain on paper towels before serving.