- Chicken – 500 gms, cleaned, few incisions made
- Tomatoes – 2, chopped
- Onions – 2, medium, sliced
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 2 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/8 tsp
- Black Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 4 tsp
- Green Chillies – 3
- Soy Sauce – 1 1/2 tblsp
- Oil – 2 tblsp
- Curry Leaves – few, chopped
- Combine the coriander powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder, pepper powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala powder and salt.
- Add half of the ginger garlic paste and mix well.
- Rub this paste all over the chicken – inside and outside and marinate for 60 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the onion, green chillies, curry leaves and fry till onions turn brown.
- Add the remaining ginger garlic paste and garam masala powder.
- Mix and add the tomatoes.
- Cook till oil starts to float on top.
- Now add the soy sauce and marinated chicken.
- Pour 1/4 cup of water and cover the pan.
- Cook for a few minutes till the chicken is roasted.
- Remove and serve hot.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.