French Bread – 1 loaf
Garlic Flakes – 6, large, finely chopped
Boneless Chicken – 250 gms
Celery – 2 stalks, chopped finely
Tomato – 1, large, ripe, pureed
Olive Oil – 2 tblsp
Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 3/4 tsp
Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp, freshly ground
Dry Oregano – 1/4 tsp
Mozarella Cheese – 1 cup
Olive Oil for spraying
For Garlic Butter:
Butter – 200 gms, soft
Garlic Flakes – 4
Ground Black Pepper – 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
1. Cut the bread into 3/4 inch slices.
2. Cut the chicken into 1/2 inch cubes.
3. Heat the oil in a pan over moderate heat.
4. Add the garlic and brown lightly.
5. Add the chicken pieces and saute until brown, tossing frequently.
6. Mix in the celery, tomato puree, chilli powder, salt, pepper and oregano.
7. Cook covered until the chicken is tender and completely dry.
8. Mix the butter with the garlic and pepper to a smooth paste.
9. Add more salt if required.
10. Spread the butter on each slice of bread.
11. Sprinkle a pinch of chilli powder over them.
12. Arrange the bread slices on a platter and arrange the chicken pieces on top of each slice.
13. Sprinkle with grated cheese and a few drops of oil and set aside.
14. Preheat the oven to 170C.
15. Place the bread slices in the over for 10 to 12 minutes until the cheese melts.
16. Serve hot.