Vegetable Oil – 2 tblsp
Garlic – 2 cloves, finely chopped
Fresh Red Chilli – 1 small, seeded and finely chopped
Cashew Nuts – 1/2 cup, toasted
Coconut – 2/3 cup, desiccated, toasted
Palm Sugar – 1/2 tsp
Light Soy Sauce – 2 tblsp
Rice Vinegar – 1 tblsp
Egg – 1
Green Beans – 1 cup, sliced
Spring Cabbage – 1/2, shredded
Rice – 1 cup, cooked
Lime Wedges – to garnish/serve
1. Heat the oil in a large, heavy pan. Add the garlic and cook over a medium to high heat until golden. Do not let it burn or it will taste bitter.
2. Add the red chilli, cashew nuts and toasted coconut to the pan and stir-fry briefly, taking care to prevent the coconut from scorching. Stir in the sugar, soy sauce and rice vinegar. Toss over the heat for 1-2 minutes.
3. Push the stir-fry to one side of the wok or pan and break the egg into the empty side. When the egg is almost set, stir it into the garlic and chilli mixture with a wooden spatula.
4. Add the green beans, greens and cooked rice. Stir over the heat until the greens have just wilted, then spoon into a dish to serve.
5. Offer the lime wedges separately for squeezing over the rice.