Soya Balls – 10, boiled, drained
Pachai Payaru (Green Gram) – 1 1/2 cups, soaked for 3 hours
Onion – 2, finely chopped
Ginger – a small piece
Black Peppercorns – 1 tsp
Saunf – 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Grind the soya balls in a mixie for 5 seconds.
2. Remove and keep aside.
3. To the green gram, add cumin seeds, saunf, peppercorns, ginger and grind coarsely.
4. Add soya and grind again.
5. Heat little oil in a pan.
6. Saute the onions, curry leaves and add to the batter.
7. Mix well.
8. Heat a tawa over medium flame.
9. Pour a ladleful of the batter and spread well.
10. Cook on both sides.
11. Remove and serve hot.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.
Image credit: Sound Spicy