Sweet chilli sauce is a hot, sweet and sour sauce added in small quantities to various dishes especially in the Chinese and Thai cuisine. This homemade sweet chilli sauce recipe is very easy to make and can be served as a dipping sauce to potato wedges, french fries, spring rolls or can also be used as a marinade.
Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 8 to 10 Long Red Chillies finely chopped
- 5 to 6 Garlic Cloves peeled
- 100 ml White Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Corn Flour
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 400 ml Cold Water
- 200 g Granulated Sugar
- Combine the chillies, garlic, vinegar, corn flour, salt and water in a blender.
- Blend well until smooth.
- Heat a pan over medium flame.
- Transfer the blended mixture to the pan and stir well.
- Simmer until it starts to boil and add the corn flour.
- Stir well until it starts to thicken.
- Remove the pan from flame and cool.
- Transfer to a clean, sterilized jar.
- Use as needed.
- Stays good for up to 2 weeks.