A popular Konkani breakfast dish, this dosa is made using the flesh and water of tender coconut.
Tender Coconut Flesh – 2 cups
Tender Coconut Water – 1/3 cup
Green Chilli Paste – 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Sugar – a pinch
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Corn Flour – 1 tblsp
Coriander Leaves – handful
Oil as required
1. Grind the tender coconut flesh to a smooth paste.
2. Transfer to a bowl.
3. Add the tender coconut water, green chilli paste, salt, cumin seeds and corn flour.
4. Mix well.
5. Add a pinch of sugar and coriander leaves. Mix again.
6. Heat a tawa over medium flame.
7. Pour a small ladleful of the batter and apply little oil around the edges.
8. Cook on both sides and remove.
9. Serve hot.
Tip: Soaked and ground rice flour is also added in some places. For 1 cup of rice, 3/4th cup of coconut flesh is added.